Saturday, July 30, 2011

Where is Home?

It hasn't been easy being home, I arrived in ELP airport on the 13 of July. I would like to say that it has been great here and that I am enjoying my time back home but that wouldn't be the truth. The truth is that I miss my European life, I miss my "Swedish" family and my "Polish" friends. Sometimes I wonder if it was all real, if it wasn't an Amazing dream I had. Everything here is the same. My house, the smell of my car, the way people dress, it is all the same. I don't know if that is a good thing or not?! I look all around me and I can't seem to find something that makes me feel happy. I keep telling myself to be patient and to give myself some time to readjust, the problem with that is that I don't want to readjust to the way I use to be. I grew up up there, I learned different things and became accustom to a life that was totally different from the one here. Not only because I partied and did whatever I pleased, but I also learned to be more patient, calm, and less materialistic. I feel that the more time I spend here I will eventually go back to my bad habits lol. Like spending hundreds of dollars on a cell phone plan and driving from city to city as if gas was air. But more importantly what if I start criticizing people for the way they dress because the fashion here is so unattractive to me or if I look down on people for making dumb remarks. I have always looked at myself as being a person who loves and never judges but for the past few weeks my thoughts have become so ugly towards my surroundings. Where is the "grown up" in that? I remind myself to be calm, to control my thoughts, I pray to God to help me see the beauty in whatever it is that I am going through. My head is a HOT MESS.
I love my family and I love my friends but I can't seem to be happy here. A friend once told me home is where you are happy and time and time again I catch myself calling Poland home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment